Tuesday, January 10, 2006

maya's favorite time of day...


...or maybe it's her least favorite. I'll probably never know what her rolling around and kicking is meant to express. But this time of night is always exciting. As I begin to seriously contemplate sleep (which I've been casually contemplating all day), Maya becomes strangely alert and active. She's twisting and turning inside of me. Sometimes it feels like she's kicking or punching (though still without too much muscle)..and occasionally, I wonder if her tiny fingers are actually tickling me.

Maya is now in her sixth month of life. Her tiny lungs are beginning to develop more quickly. Her coordination is improving and she is becoming more deliberate with her movements...she can even tell the difference between being upside down and right side up! I wish I could see her again...I wonder if she still keeps her arms up in front of her face. Does she feel as crowded as I do? My skin hurts sometimes...as if I have just gorged myself with a mountain of food. You know that feeling after you've eaten too much? when you vow to never eat again? and you wonder if you might actually explode...split open...or pop? It's strange to feel that way without eating a thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a strange sensation! I cannot even imagine what that feels like. I cannot wait to see the things you made for Maya. I love the colors you picked. . . they are so Ryan and you! I knew the Corbins were not going to have pink walls for their little girl.

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your site and read all your entries -- I think it is amazing how you describe expecting....what a precious gift from God! Thank you for sharing!