Tuesday, January 17, 2006

maya's daddy loves her

In less than three days (two of which have been full work days), Ryan has cleared out the office (now nursery), painted two coats in the nursery (with help from Grandma and Grandpa Corbin), cleaned out the closet, built closet organizers, painted stripes on the walls, and put together Maya's crib!



It is so fun to see it all together. We keep imagining her.... How she will sleep (or probably *not* sleep sometimes) in her crib...how we will spend afternoons rocking her...what it will be like to see her look up at us and smile when she wakes up.

The room is still pretty bare, but it is a lot easier to imagine it finished!

Once again, I should be in bed.
Maya is wiggling more than ever....a sure sign that I should be sleeping.

7 comments:

Tara Petty said...

aww. how exciting. i am so happy for you guys. it looks like its going to be a wonderful room.

Wags said...

I got butterflies looking at that picture and reading your post ang! I hope I can come over sometime in the next 11 days! Let me know!

Anonymous said...

It looks like it is really all starting to come together. Your sewing looks wonderful! I love the colors. How exciting!!

Erica said...

I love the painted strips on the walls. You will have to share your decorating secret with me!

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful!!! Maya is so loved already by so many people. Especially her favorite neighbors.

Ang said...

Jewell,
does the blogger username mean that a blog is coming soon???
i'm sure that adam's baby room was beautiful...and the promise is beautiful too. :)

friends...
thank you all for your sweet words.

ryan and i just keep opening the door and looking in at the crib. the rest of our house is a disaster...in process of being organized, so we like to just sit in there and dream.
-ang

Daniel Rudd said...

I'll be over shortly for a full safety inspection.

Oh, wait.

...Ryan...

nevermind