Wednesday, January 04, 2006

for friends and family far away...

...yes, I am now 'showing.'

and as you have requested, here is how Maya has affected my shape so far...



Tonight, a young parent of a student asked if I needed any maternity clothes, and only an hour later brought two enormous boxes full of clothes to my door (probably more clothes than I even own) for me to borrow. So many of them are the perfect size and style. It feels like Christmas...again! If I wore them all, I probably would never have to wear the same thing twice until Maya is born. Seriously. This woman has a *lot* of clothes. I am so excited and grateful. Though the process of sorting and trying things on was exhausting....for me AND for my consultant (Ryan tried to be interested as I modeled each shirt, sweater, dress...quickly responding with a "sure" or "um...no.").

I can feel Maya kicking me right now. As her bones and muscles grow, her gentle attempts to get my attention are becoming much more distinct. I've been telling my students that Maya can hear them, so they need to make sure that they are setting good examples for her. I think she will already know "Twinkle Twinkle" by the time she is born. I hope the squeaky, beginner violin playing she is forced to listen to daily isn't affecting her perfect pitch!
I just finished organizing all of our CD's this weekend...probably around 300-400 of them. They are now alphabetized and classified by genre: Classical, old Christian music that is seldom listened to but kept for posterity in 'the archives' notebook, and Current (almost 150 different artists ranging from Frank Sinatra and Nat King Cole, to Damien Rice, the Polyphonic Spree, U2, Iron and Wine, Norah Jones, Kurt Elling, Ben Folds, Miss Saigon, Godspell, Over the Rhine). We are working hard to give Maya a broad spectrum of music listening. She needs to hear a lot of really good music to balance out all the...other music she hears at school.

And now, what Maya needs most is...sleep.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Yay!!! Such cute pictures. What a blessing about the maternity clothes! I was thankful for the hand-me-downs I received also. They were a lifesaver. I personally thought maternity clothes were kind of fun. :)

Congratulations on your "CD project". I remember trying to organize things in a frenzy as Emily's due date approached. It was as if I was doomed to be a failure as a mother if I didn't get my recipies all organized before she arrived. Ha! I indulged my nesting instinct in some matters, but learned to let other things go. I will say it was nice to have my Christmas decorations so nicely organized this year when it came time to use them...

Have fun cherishing every moment!

PS When is your actual due date?

Tara Petty said...

aww! how exciting. the last time i saw you, you were not showing at all.

again, congrats :)

Wags said...

Ang, I miss you guys... the three of us need to get together before I take off in a few weeks... You look so cute!!

Andrea Wagenmaker said...

You have really started to pop out...I can't wait for Maya to "pop out"!

Erica said...

Cute belly bump:) I am glad you posted these darling pictures.

Ang said...

kelly,
yes...the maternity clothes are fun, aren't they?
my due date is may 9th.

tara,
it happened fast...during christmas break. :)
it was good to see you today.

thanks eric,
i'm glad to see that you and virginia are together again. yes..we need to get together before you go.

andrea,
i miss you. and i can't wait for maya to pop out either!

linny,
thank you.
i miss you lots...hopefully your transition back into school after break went well.

love,
ang