Thursday, December 01, 2005

December 22

In just three weeks, we will get to see our baby's face!
We asked to have the ultrasound done at the hospital so that we could see a 3-D picture instead of the fuzzy black and white version. It may still be pretty hard to see much, but we're hoping to at least find out if we have a son or a daughter. This is a pretty amazing image...it's hard to believe how much detail can be seen even inside the womb.

It almost seems wrong to reveal so much from within such a secret and mysterious place.
Our ultrasound might not be this clear, but seeing my baby...inside my body, even on an old fashioned machine is an unbelievable experience. In September, as we watched the heart pump inside our six week old baby we were in awe. The whole body was only about three millimeters long, yet our baby's heart was already beating. And it was living inside of me!! I can't wait to see him or her again.

Soon we'll have pictures to post and a name to announce!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Angela! I randomly stumbled across your blog(s), and I'm so glad I did!!! Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! I'm so happy for you. Isn't it just the most amazing, exciting, thrilling & scary time? I'll be praying for you and the safe delivery of your precious little one. My husband and I have a little 8 month old girl. Emily was born on Palm Sunday. Just wait until you hold your baby for the first time...it's breathtaking. Oh, I wish we could sit down and catch up. I'll be sure to visit here often!

Love,
Kelly (Bennett) Ashlock

Andrea Wagenmaker said...

I am so excited to know if we have a new niece or nephew. Isaac and Will can't wait for Maya or Ian to come out of Aunt Angie's belly and play with them. We all love you!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for December 22. You are looking so cute. What a special Christmas.