Wednesday, December 28, 2005

sewing...

I've spent most of today cutting fabric for Maya's crib bedding. My obsessive compulsive mindset has been making me jittery for a month...to get started sewing for my baby. As soon as we knew that we had a girl, I wanted to go and buy everything to get started. Ryan finally (only a few days later) graciously agreed to spend another large chunk of cash...after a month of extra expenses. So yesterday I spent the day choosing fabric prints, designing the quilt, making measurements, and adding up the cost.

Today I cut all the pieces to make the quilt, sheet, bumper pads, and dust ruffle for the crib. At the end of all the tedious measuring and cutting, I actually had a little time left to gratify my urge and start piecing the quilt together. It's so pretty. I can't wait to see it in her crib. And to see her in it! All the little preparations to make our home ready for Maya are so exciting....though the 'to-do' list is overwhelming.

Even though I can see the 'big picture,' it's hard to have the motivation to do the little mundane tasks of organizing CD's and papers. The soon-to-be nursery is now a library/office full of books and files. Somehow, we have to find space in our house for a desk and three large shelves. Once we get it all moved, we can start creating a bedroom for Maya! I can't wait to paint (well....to have Ryan paint) and start putting baby things in their places.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A few days ago i had a sewing day too. I wanted to play with my new machine. I made a fitted sheet and now i am just making a blanket. The sad thing is is that i am not even pregnant, but i found fabric i really liked, and away i went. It is kind of embarrassing when people ask me what i am making! Good luck in all your projects.

Redbaerd said...

Your *smile* is like mom's?!

This whole post -- "I've got an idea and I'm on a rampage -- I'm painting the world PINK!" -- couldn't be more Gloria. Very funny.

But the room isn't going to be pink gingham is it? You are going to stick with the Thomas Kincaide Painter of Light theme, right?

Ang said...

andy,
no pink gingham...or Thomas Kincaide :)
i've never been into pastels. i'm not really very pastel.
her room is going to be cream, with dark cherry furniture....and deep, dramatic red.
so goth :)
(though i'm quite confident that Maya will receive a good amount of pink gifts...and that's okay. pink's...cute.)

and yes...i know that my 'sewing rampage' screams Gloria.