Friday, December 16, 2005

My kids...

...are so excited about this baby. Parents tell me stories all the time about how much their children talk about my baby at home.

Yesterday, a mom told me that her daughter came home from school and said, "Mom! Have you seen Mrs. Corbin lately??"
Her mother assumed that I must be starting to 'show'. "Yeah. She's getting a little bigger. And next week she gets to have her surround sound to find out if it's a girl or a boy!"

Later in the evening, as I was getting ready for our big concert, I was back stage tuning violins. About thirty kids were in the 'tuning line' with many of their parents and a few high school assistants in the room. The second grader in front of me noticed my slightly protruding belly in my fitted black dress and said "Mrs. Corbin! Your baby is getting big!"
"Yes it is, isn't it? Just wait until after Christmas break, my belly will probably be even bigger."

"Will it be as big as Mrs. _______'s???!!!! (a fifty-ish woman we both know that is definately NOT pregnant)"

Her sister scolded her. "No, ________, it can't be THAT big!!"

No comments: