Tuesday, October 11, 2005

we snuck into the "Motherhood" store tonight...

...I don't really need maternity clothes yet...and I probably won't for at least another month, but we had fun looking around and imagining the future. I did buy a pair of comfortable warm up pants that I can wear now...and hopefully for quite a while.

Just before we walked into the store though, I heard "MRS. CORBIN!" and turned around to see one of my highschool students working in another store in the mall. So...we stopped to chat, then kept walking. We snuck into the store and headed straight for the back where we wouldn't be so obvious. Then we noticed that a whole family of Calvary members was walking by...and maybe saw Ryan duck behind a rack. So that might be awkward to explain. We were....um..shopping for my friend who's pregnant?

It was a fun adventure...we'll see if the rumor mill has been set in motion or not. Either way, we'll make the formal announcement in a couple of weeks. Almost to the three month mark. It will still be precarious-tiny, frail lives just are, but at least the first trimester will be complete.

Ryan brought home some beautiful children's story books today. I can't wait to read to our baby.
The few times we've gotten to babysit nephews & neices overnight, I've loved watching Ryan reading bedtime stories, tucking Emma and Liam in for the night. He is already an amazing father.

We cherish our alone time together. It's going to be an adjustment that we could never be fully prepared for. But I can't wait to do this together. To be parents.

No comments: