Saturday, March 04, 2006

registering

We just finished 'shopping' at Target. We picked out a record number of items we liked, but left the store with an empty cart....maybe for the first time ever.

I had registered for some of the bigger essentials (car seat, stroller, etc.) online, but with her first shower coming up soon, we thought we should put some things that are actually in the store on her registry. If other people shop like I do for showers...they will not be browsing an online registry weeks ahead of time. I usually frantically run around Target trying to find something on the list that is actually in stock...usually the day of the shower.

There are still a few things that can only be bought online...at Target and JCPenney (mostly the big things like furniture, car seat, stroller). Choosing a car seat and stroller was just way too agonizing. I searched the NHTSA website and Consumer's Reports for safety ratings...and have changed my mind at least five times now. But I think we found the perfect safety/convenience/design/price compromise with the evenflo Aura Travel System (stroller/infant seat combo).

Hm.... things I never thought I would spend hours doing. And probably not very interesting to read about. But finding 'things' for Maya is one of the most tangible ways I keep finding to anticipate her arrival.

The 'things' don't really matter. For now though, they are fun to look at. I really just want to hold her.

Only nine weeks and two days!!!

1 comment:

Tara Petty said...

I'm tellin you... target redcard...
just kidding, but seriously, i am so excited for you guys!