Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"What's Isaac and Will's daddy's name?"

Maya: (urgently entering Sophie's room wearing pajamas, a pink tutu, fairy wings, sunglasses, and a santa hat) MOMMA! What is Isaac and Will's daddy's name?
Me: (changing Sophie into her pajamas) Uncle Daniel
Maya: yeah..Uncle Daniel. Okay let's pretend that you're teaching Uncle Daniel how to walk, okay? And I'll be the big sister. And this bucket has candy in it...and pretend that he tries to eat all my candy. Okay? Sophie? You be Uncle Daniel. And I'll be the big sister. Come try to take this bucket.
(Sophie stays on the floor. It's okay. Maya changes the script.)
Maya: Wow! It's really hot this Halloween! I can't believe how hot it is!! (peeling off wings and several layers of clothing).....Um...What's Isaac and Will's daddy's name??...

3 comments:

Kate Rudd said...

Too funny! :)

Redbaerd said...

Great story. BTW. What is Will & Isaac's daddy's name? I know it starts with a D, but all I can come up with is a mental image of a parakeet....

Redbaerd said...

oh, and btw, I love the new header and title. and the new color scheme. it's all very....well, i wanna say "goth" but that's just not right....I'll get back to you...but i do like it ALOT.