Saturday, May 22, 2010

Farmer Boy

(in the car yesterday)

Maya: Momma, can we keep "Farmer Boy"?
Me: Yes, Maya. I bought it...at the used book sale at school. I bought it for you...so we can keep it.
Maya: YOU BOUGHT IT?!?!?! OH! I am so excited. We can keep it! Then... when my children are big, I can read it to them! They will love it too. ...I told Go-Go she could be one of my children, because she wanted to. Then I'll have big sister Angela and baby Angela and Go-Go..and I'll read it to them. When they're big. And I'll pray for them. I've been praying for them...the children that God will give me....
Me: (brimming with pride and happiness at her cuteness and sweetness and thoughtful plans for her future children) I think you'll be a really good mom someday, Maya.
Maya: I think Sophie will be too. She'll be so funny! She'll make her baby laugh all the time. She's so funny. She'll be a good Momma someday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so precious! :)