Friday, May 14, 2010

Poor sophie...

went to Dr. Tom's today to tell him, "I have cough..ten. you. help. me?"

Her cough has just been so persistent for at least a month, getting only slightly better for a few days, and always returning. She's had a few prescriptions for her cough. They've helped a little.
We've been thinking allergies might be to blame.

Last night at my choir concert she was really warm too. So Ryan took her in today, while I went to direct my elementary students' musical.

The diagnoses: Allergies + Asthma + Ear Infection

Poor little sweetie. And she's been so good despite all her pain and struggle to breathe.

Her first nebulizer treatment went well (thanks to Blue's Clues)...but everyone who told us that the albuterol might induce hyper activity was right. The feverish lethargic little baby I'd been cuddling on the couch suddenly became quite chatty, rattling off stories until 9:30...recalling as many details from the day as possible and using strange new language like "Yeah! Cool Daddy!"

She started to calm down a bit as I scooped her up to carry her to her bed. Then she grinned at me mischievously and said, "Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas. I Santa. You laugh. okay? Ho Ho Ho. You laugh now, Mama. I Santa Claus."

4 comments:

Charity said...

We love Sophie! I just read the story to James and we laughed so hard just picturing her telling you she is Santa Clause.
Hope she feels better soon.

Kate Rudd said...

Poor sweet Sophie..at least now you know what's wrong, you can help her feel better! :(

jaelyneliz said...

Say hi to the girls for me love jae!

jaelyneliz said...

That story is so sad and cute!