Monday, March 17, 2008

It's official...


I'm glue-ing the fabric to the wood today. Then we'll just have to decide where to hang it.

When I asked the ultrasound tech if she was really sure, she just looked at me. And then added, 'honey, it isn't going to change at this point.'

We had one more ultrasound today...to check for growth. I was worried when the doctor ordered another one to check the baby's size after asking me questions like, "Do you remember being this small with Maya?" and "How much did Maya weigh when she was born?"
But according to her measurements today, she already weighs 6.2 pounds. Not bad for still having three more weeks to grow! :)


Maybe it was silly to find out now...only weeks (or maybe days??) away from her arrival. But I'm so happy to finally allow my mind to daydream about Maya and her sister...to imagine what SHE will look like, act like. To talk to HER and about HER....rather than always using the cumbersome 'he or she', 'the baby', and even worse... 'it.'

5 comments:

Kate Rudd said...

It was so much fun to spend time with Maya today and talk to her about her little *sister*.
:)

I can't wait for the next chance to play with sweet Maya, and the first chance to meet sweet Sophie!

Lindsey said...

Those letters are adorable. Maya will be such a good older sister. . . they might be the best of friends. I always wished i had a sister to play with and be close to. I am sure you've had those feelings, too. :)

Elizabeth Marie said...

Another Corbin is coming so soon. The pictures of the room on your blog are gorgeous.

: )

Jody said...

I am so happy that you have a definite result...so happy for Maya to have the experience of a sister and lifetime of enjoying the special relationship that develops! Your name banner is perfect. I can't wait to see "HER" when she decides to make her grand entrance. At just the right size, I'm sure. =)

Daniel Rudd said...

i vote for an april 4 arrival