Friday, March 07, 2008

I don't want to forget what today was like.

Maya and I always love Friday. It's one of our special days of 'just us' together. I'm starting to realize that there probably aren't going to be many more days of just Maya and me...at least not very often. So I'm trying to hold on somehow to these incredible moments. Trying to fully enjoy sleeping until 7:30 or 8:00 and waking to happy chatter upstairs, all the extra long messy meals, the 400 stories before nap time, the very funny conversations we have about everyone and everything...especially while Maya sits on the potty.

But today...we got to see a lot of other special people too.
After breakfast with Daddy at our kitchen table, we got all ready to visit Grandma 'Go-Go' and hear Kayla play her violin (rehearsing her recital piece with her accompanist), then we took 'Go-Go' to Russ' for lunch, and rushed to meet Daddy at the office of our beloved 'Dot-ter Tarnes' (Dr. Karnes) where we were very happy to see 'Joyce too!!! Oh! Yay!' (she's our favorite nurse at the office). We found out that Sophie...or Ian is probably just a little smaller than her big sister was, and is 'very low'...(my wishful interpretation= 'almost ready to come out').

On our way home, we stopped at the 'lie-libe' to return our books, play with the kitchen, meet a new friend (Collin), and get some new books to bring home. After naptime, and some extra long cuddle time in the rocking chair, we got to go to the big blue house to eat a delicious pasta dinner with Isaac, Will, Willow, Ginger, Katie, Daniel, Great-Nanna, and Aunt Jen.

One special song, 2 prayers, a cup of milk, and 400 more stories later...(actually just 3 long ones) Maya is finally asleep in the room next to me. Sometimes, in the hours leading up to bedtime, I start longing for it's arrival...just to rest. But now, I kind of miss her.

1 comment:

Kate Rudd said...

I walked around the house tonight after the girls were in bed with a smile on my face, remembering how it was just shortly before, full of shrieks and laughter and requests and snuggles(thinking especially of Maya, who seemed *extra* sweet tonight)..

I remember feeling similar things just before Ginger was born..freezing the most normal moments with Willow, trying so hard to memorize them.

I can't wait to meet Sophia/Ian and tell them how lucky they are to have Maya for a big sister.
:)
Thanks for coming over..love you!