Thursday, April 30, 2009

i meant to post this long ago...


...but the phase ended and I forgot.

And suddenly today, Maya reminded me. For a brief moment, she brought them back into circulation.

For quite a while, Maya was obsessed with using a couple of nonsensical words. These 'words' could mean anything and everything. They could be used as verbs, nouns, names, adjectives... or just for 'filler.'

I had completely forgotten about this phase; it lasted about 2 months, I think.

But tonight, Maya slipped into her
"Doop-doop" and "Dub-dub" language.

For example:

"Um, I forgot to...ah get my doop-doop....so ah.....(dismissively) ehh....dubdub."

"..annnnd ah. ya know (funny twisted face), dub dub, & stuff."

"Um Sophie. you tant dub dub, o-tay???"

"Dat's my doop doop."

We'd ask all the time about their meaning and origins. But we'd usually be answered with more "doop doop" and "dub dub".

No comments: