Friday, April 17, 2009

Maya this week.


All week she's been 'Frank' and I've been 'Buster'.

Sophie is 'Koala' and Ryan is 'Ratchet'.

These characters are all loosely based on a show she watched when she stayed home with Nana and Papa while Sophie went to the ER. Though I think 'Ratchet' is a video game character? from a game Ryan has played a few times in the last month?

Frank and Buster are brothers who help each other a lot.

She's really strict about staying in character....though her 'Director' whims can be hard to predict or understand.

Tonight I told her a 'Frank and Buster' Story about Buster helping Frank who was stuck in the mud. The story ended with the brothers arguing "No, you're the best brother ever...."

(Don't judge me. I was tired...and these stories are requested aout 30 times a day.)

So of course, that's how we said good night, Frank and I. "No, you're the best brother ever." "No You are." "No You are." To which she finally replied with sparkling eyes..."Okay. I guess I am."

************************************

In the car last week when it was just the 2 of us:

"Dear Jesus. Please help 'Do Do' to have a baby. Amen."

That's 'GoGo'...grandma Gloria.

And she's pretty serious. She wants to give GoGo our baby bath, since we're done with it now...and she'll need it soon..."Cause Jesus is dunna dive her a baby! Remember Momma?? I prayed for Jesus to dive her a baby."

Watch out, Mom! :)

****************************************

While Ryan and I slept in the hospital with Sophia, Maya stayed one night with each set of grandparents. The second morning, she told Go Go with big eyes and a lot of importance "Momma slept with the DOCTOR!!"

****************************************

Earlier last week while Sophie was sick:

Maya: Momma. Sophie's ALL BETTER!!

Me: Well, she's getting better....which is good.

Maya: (thinking hard) Wwwwwich is good. Wwwwitches. good? Witches. Wwwwitches are yucky. And sometimes MEAN! ((I honestly have no idea where this opinion came from!))

Me: (laughing. To Ryan.) I'm gonna write that down.

Maya: What? What Momma?

Me: I'm going to write some of your words in my little book, Maya. I like them.

Maya: No! Don't do dat! I don't like it when you do dat. Don't take my words down.
I like them UP!

(sorry Maya. I took them down.)

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

These made my day!!! I am so glad you wrote them down (sorry, maya)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. She is HILARIOUS! I'm so glad that you document these things! I hope that I remember everything when I am a momma, too!