Tuesday, August 29, 2006

One year ago today....

...I was up late, getting ready for the first day of school. Finally ready to go to bed, I decided to take a random pregnancy test without telling Ryan. I still don't remember what compelled me to do it. I had no real reason to suspect anything...

...until I saw what looked like a second line?? But it was really faint. It hadn't darkened like the other line. I had never used this brand before. I read the instructions again and again, each time growing more certain that our lives had been changed forever. Yet I still thought it could just be that I didn't understand how to interpret the test. I called for Ryan. I figured he should probably be aware of this possibly life-altering circumstance. We hugged and laughed nervously, excitedly?
Needless to say, we needed more certainty. The second test could not have been more blatantly obvious.

We never could have imagined that in one year, our lives would be so centered around...

...Maya Grace.


p.s. Happy Bithday "Uncle" David.

1 comment:

RRobinson said...

awwww, a little tear came to my eye. I can really tell you love Maya and love being a mama. It is wonderful each time around.