Friday, November 18, 2005

showing?


The day that I told my students that I was pregnant, many of my littler kids couldn't understand why they couldn't tell that I was pregnant. They were sure that all pregnant women were 'big'. So I explained that the baby was still very small, and that my shape would only change as the baby got bigger.

Strangely, the very next day several of those same little girls told me that I had a fat belly and that *now* they could see the baby.

That was about a month ago. Now, whenever I enter my classroom or stand in front of students...young or old, I feel like they are all staring at my stomach trying to determine if it has grown at all. It's a very weird feeling. Marianne tells me that people will stare much more freely when I actually look pregnant.

Today, for the first time two adults told me that they thought they could tell just a little bit.

One of the thinnest people I have ever known also told me today that she gained fifty-five pounds with her first pregnancy!!!

Seriously, she is so tiny that the doctors thought she might have dad's sprue disease.

Fifty-five pounds?!

No comments: