Thursday, November 03, 2005

Recent familiar feelings...

I sit on the edge of the bathtub
Waiting
Worrying
Wondering
If I am still me
Or if I've already become
Something Other--
A *mother*.

Suddenly I am not at all certain
What I am hoping for.
Yes?
No?

The test is finally done
I force myself to look
And my head begins to swim
And my heart begins to pound
And my soul says
yes.

(from "The Test" by Carolyn Arends)

Though my emotions have always been close to the surface, my tears are usually reserved for real circumstances and relationships. People that I know and love experiencing pain, conflict, or great happiness.
Sappy poems and movies don't usually affect me like they do lately.

2 comments:

Redbaerd said...

Does that mean that I should invest in some Thomas Kincaid Paraphenalia for Christmas?

Ang said...

definately not...unless you've acquired a taste for his 'art.'