Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Nausea.

I had it today. Isn't morning sickness usually over at eight weeks??
I thought I was actually going to get by without experiencing this particular joy of pregnancy.
Sitting in my office today at school, I tried to eat the bag of unfinished cereal from my breakfast. It didn't happen. My stomach was aching with hunger, but my whole being was telling me that food was disgusting and would *not* make anything better.
Thankfully, my lunch (though unappealling) did not turn against me...and actually left me feeling much more settled.

My mom brought Isaac and Will to school today when she came to pick up Emma. They were very funny...smiling and laughing at the high-pitched voices of the sweet children who approached them. My strings students enjoyed it....however they were a bit distracted by the visit. But I couldn't hold it against them, so was I. It made me want to tell the kids about MY baby too! That will be really fun.

THIS monday, we get to see the ultrasound!!! I'm so excited.

2 comments:

Andrea Wagenmaker said...

Oh Ang - I am so sorry that you are not feeling well. I am not trying to be "miss-know-it-all-nurse", but from my knowledge morning sickness actually lasts through atleast the 1st trimester (12 weeks). Every pregnancy is a little different though and I am hoping, for your sake, that it lasts a very short amount of time.
We cannot wait to hear all about your ultrasound. We expect a 5x7 copy framed and ready to hang on our wall - just kidding. But we cant wait to see pictures.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry (yet somewhat exited) to hear that you're having morning sickness. Mom C. says it lasted about 3 months for her with Kelly. Of course Ryan was a different story -he kept it up the full term (does that surprise you?). Love you