Thursday, September 01, 2005

I don't feel good.

the fact that I'm not nauseous (sp?) makes me nervous.

My stomach hurts...but in a different way. That makes me nervous too.

It amazes me how in a few days time, perpective changes.

I've watched people I love experience the pain of longing for children too many times. I think I've felt that more deeply for others than I have for myself. I always assumed that we would have to try for a long time before a baby would actually form. I just never thought that it would be so easy for me.

I don't want to be ungrateful.

A week ago, though, I thought that it would be really wonderful to be pregnant. I knew we'd be happy, but I also didn't feel desperate for that to be now. Waiting until next year would have been okay too.

But now...I can't think of anything worse than to lose this. In some ways it doesn't even seem real, but I know that it is, and I don't want to imagine the loss. It's hard to rest and trust God's love.

I wish the weeks would just pass quickly.

Maybe I will make myself nauseous just by worrying.

Does this get worse as children grow up?

4 comments:

Daniel Rudd said...

From Andrea:

Ang and Ryan -
We are so thrilled for you, and we already feel as if we cannot wait 9 months for this little one to be here!
I really tried to sleep tonight after you guys left our house, but all I could think about was your exciting news. When I did finally fall asleep, I kept having these crazy dreams about babies and your pregnancy, labor, delivery, etc.
So, in other words, your announcement is affecting my life in a profound way - I am losing sleep over it!
We know you will both be wonderful, wise, loving parents - and we want to be here for you in any way that we can.
We love you!

Ang said...

andrea,
thank you sooo much.
you are truly gracious. you know what it means to rejoice with those who rejoice. thank you.
it's exciting to have such a fun secret with only you, my family.
love you lots.
ang

Ryan said...

Andrea,

Thanks for your comments... and for just being there with wisdom and encouragement.

The list of questions will be stacking up!

Love you,

Ryan

Daniel Rudd said...

Don't worry. Once you deliver your twin girls, you will worry a lot less, because you will basically be able to control every circumstance of thier lives.

You'll be able to prevent them from getting sick, injured, picked on, or becoming republicans.

Once they are outside of your belly they are so much safer and easier to keep track of.

:)
But it's worth it...

I am so excited for me.
(at first I was going to write, that I was so excited for you--which I am--but that goes without saying. I'm excited for me too. I can't wait to love your babies).