Saturday, July 22, 2006

I do this pretty much all day....












...not really. But that's what Ryan thinks. And maybe for good reason. The sheer volume of (practically identical) pictures stored on our computer reveals a pretty obsessive "photo-booth freak."

It IS dreadfully addicting. Pretty much every time she smiles (which is a fairly frequent event), I feel the frantic need to capture her happiness...to preserve it forever. That if I can just take enough pictures,...

... I will be more able to live IN the moment, to value every new experience, to hang on to *something* when everything seems to be changing at a frightening speed, to appreciate all the overwhelming joy of having a new daughter. I know this is a ridiculous theory, a feeble, grasping, and overly-eager parenting fallacy. The kind of thing that parents of multiple children like to make fun of.

I'm worried. I can't stop.

But it's at least kind of normal?

right?

1 comment:

Rachel Beach said...

Maybe you're setting a new precendent of "normal" for new mothers of this generation. Minute-by-minute capturing development of your babies... not saying you're not just a touch crazy... but then aren't we all a little "teched"?