Wednesday, May 10, 2006

my first thoughts as a mom...

Sometimes, in this past week, I've thought about writing. I've begun to form words in my mind to try to express what I feel. But no words ever seem sufficient.
I've never experienced so many new feelings at once.

There is so much to say, but mostly...
I am in awe of the depth of my new and overwhelming love.
To love someone so fiercely is painful. It is a heavy and exhausting burden.
But I have never felt so complete and full and truly happy.

Here is something much better than words...

3 comments:

Erica said...

I have been waiting to see more pictures and hear your first words about motherhood. Keep the posts coming!

Ang said...

linny,
i am still waiting to call you. i can't wait to talk. evenings are unpredictble.
i'll call you soon. i miss you...and maya can't wait to meet you in june!
ang

Erica said...

Ang,

I tried calling you so many times in the hospital. I would love to chat soon, but I know how busy you are! Call when you can.