Saturday, September 06, 2008

Little pleasures...

...that we enjoyed everyday with baby Maya are harder to take advantage of the second time around. Maya is away for the night, with Nana and Papa. She was so happy and 'matter-of-fact' about leaving us. My reminder to be "a good...." "Obeyer" was quickly finished. To which she flippantly added, "Oh-tay. See ya, Mom. Oh-tay I doe now. Bye."

When I came home from playing in a wedding today, I found Ryan..and Sophie asleep on the couch. A sleeping baby on your chest....it doesn't get much better than that. We both agreed that we just don't get to do that enough.

We took her to Target tonight. I didn't realize how much of my attention is usually diverted on such adventures. She just stared at us, admiring us. Happily looking for...anything. A smile, a look. Attention. She is just too sweet.
Sophie is so generous with her smiles and delightful squeals. I hope I'm not taking them for granted.


3 comments:

Kate Rudd said...

I love it when she looks at me and leans in just a little, raising her eyebrows. Then her eyes catch this sparkle right before she smiles, and it's like she's saying, "This is great, right? We totally get how great this is."

It's impossible not to smile!
:)

Anne said...

You have the most beautiful children. I cannot wait for that!!!

Redbaerd said...

The post is beautiful.

The pictures are beautiful.

The little girl is beautiful.

But I have a feeling that there will be therapy / retribution for that severe pulled back hair in an electric shock ponytail.

That's some funny Sophie.