Monday, February 06, 2006

Day of rest, reflection, ...and a little bit of terror...

Sometimes my mondays are productive days of checking off items from my 'to-do' list. Usually I do a lot of laundry, some grocery shopping, planning for school, cleaning, a morning class at Norton Pines. But so far today, I've had enough energy to sleep in, read, and take a nap.

I'm still in my pajamas. Pretty pathetic. Maybe a shower and some sorting of laundry will get me going....I'll think about attempting that....after I sit here with my computer a little while longer.

The final tri-mester is approaching quickly. Last week, I signed us up for birthing classes. They start the 23rd of this month. It is all coming so fast. This weekend, a family shower was scheduled for Maya in just a little over a month! I'm so excited.

Ryan and I were talking about who could ever watch Maya over night sometime ...he asked if 'Aunt Kelly' could maybe spend the night at our house if we left for a night. "Of course she would be able to...if she wanted (though she'd probably want to just watch her for a couple of hours during the day first)"...I said...recalling all the time I've spent watching baby neices and nephews. All the experience I've had...even twins...learning their schedule, when to feed them, put them down to sleep, change them, etc.... It's different to keep them overnight. Like the time I watched...well, hm... I've never watched a baby overnight!!!!

Yes we are about to have our own child...to keep for at least eighteen years as our gift and responsibility...and we have NEVER even taken care of a baby overnight....ever. What are we doing?? Soon Ryan and I will go to the birthing center together and leave with a child. What will we do with her? We have no idea what we have gotten ourselves into.

At least I'm not feeling so lethargic any more...I better start accomplishing something.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know a gramma and grandpa who will be available to babysit as often as we possibly can!

Daniel Rudd said...

Angela, I'd love to help you get some experience with overnight parenting.

Come on over.

You can even get up 4 or 5 times in the night and go make sure they are breathing (like I used to--and sometimes still do)

Kate Rudd said...

I'd just like to echo Daniel's invitation..it seems prudent to plan ahead by practicing on children in different stages of development..you can start with the boys, then come on over here to check out the 2 and 5 yr representatives..last night Ginger was up crying on and off for an hour, but never awake enough to actually articulate what she needed...it will be fun. :)

Ang said...

thank you all for your generous offers for babysitting experience...and even more for the offer for actual babysitting! :)

Katie...
I must clarify...we HAVE both had experience watching *children* overnight....just not babies :)

Anonymous said...

Please, please, please...can we watch Maya overnight? I can't wait to cuddle her. We would love to give you a break anytime. Seriously, take us up on this offer. You will be craving a full night's rest soon. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Andrea - You see who got in at the top of the list so you'll have to wait in line!