Monday, August 29, 2005

breathe.


i can't.

I won't sleep tonight.

My mind cannot fully grasp the magnitude of how my life has changed. The roles that I fill are now more than daughter, sister, wife, friend. I'm also "mother."

Besides the dizzying stream of life-altering thoughts....I can't stop feeling like I *must* clean the house, organize every drawer, plan for the entire school year, have files of everything I ever need to know...labelled, learn the art of time-management, become responsible, wise.

But, alas. Ryan tells me I *must* go to bed.

First day of school tomorrow.

How will I stop smiling??

I've never kept a real secret.

Everyone will just know.

There's a real baby inside of me!!!

5 comments:

Daniel Rudd said...

Ang Wrote:
"Besides the dizzying stream of life-altering thoughts....I can't stop feeling like I *must* clean the house, organize every drawer, plan for the entire school year, have files of everything I ever need to know...labelled, learn the art of time-management..."

Daniel theorizes: Someone should do a study on this. Aparently when Ryan's sperm attached itself (along with Angela's ova)to the wall of Angela's uterous, his DNA infused each of her bodies systems (starting with the "anal-retentive cortex". ...Amazing!

Ang said...

Daniel,
Interesting theory. There may be some truth to it. I just thought I was feeling the urgency of having a huge new responsibility and the extra hormones of pregnancy.

Ryan said...

Wait a minute... does this have something to do with me?

Rachel Beach said...

Aaaah!!! I knew already! A little bird told me before I flew to Morocco and I've been stubbornly silent. Ang, I couldn't be happier for you.. as bizarre as it is to think that my dear Ang is really going to be a ... Mom. Wow. Word of advice: I know that you were wanting to get pregnant in Europe and that didn't happen, but here's a better idea: I have a friend here who has tri-citizenship.. US, Canada and UK.. UK because she was born in UK and registered there. So.. go to Europe when you're ready to give birth and your baby could have a EU passport for life. How cool would that be? :-)

England said...

holy crap your having a kid! this world will contain a human being with ryan's brain and angela's talent. oh boy.